Summary: For anyone who is already Rescue Diver or possesses Equivalent Certification and 60+ logged dives (by end of certification program)
Share your passion for scuba diving by becoming a PADI Divemaster. As a divemaster you’ll supervise scuba diving activities and assist with scuba classes. PADI Divemaster is the first step in your diving career.
Be a leader who mentors and motivates others. Gain dive knowledge, supervision abilities, and become a role model to divers around the world.
The PADI Divemaster course teaches you to be a leader and take charge of dive activities. Through knowledge development sessions, waterskills exercises and workshops, and hands-on practical assessment, you develop the skills to organize and direct a variety of scuba diving activities. Topics and practical workshops include:
- The role and characteristics of the PADI Divemaster
- Supervising dive activities and assisting with student divers
- Diver safety and risk management
- Divemaster conducted programs and specialized skills
- Business of diving and your career
- Awareness of the dive environment
- Dive setup and management
- Mapping an open water site
- Conducting dive briefings
- Organizing a search and recovery project and a deep dive
- Conducting a scuba review and skin diver course
- Assisting with Discover Scuba Diving and leading Discover Local Diving programs
Do you have any questions about this program? We love talking about diving and are glad to help!